
Free Wallpapers Dessert: "Chocolate".
This wallpaper of chocolate Dessert: "Chocolate" is taken from Flickr.com. Here you can see a picture or photograph of Dessert: "Chocolate" chocolate. Dessert: "Chocolate" images can be found on Flickr.
Rollover picture.
This is Jean Georges's signature "Chocolate" dessert tasting which I've had before at Jean Georges, New York.
1. Vietnamese Coffe Liegeois
2. Salted milk chocolate and caramel layered mousse cake with Sichuan pepper ice cream (spiked with orange blossom)
3. Cacao sorbet, sesame, cassia and coconut
4. Jean Georges's signature warm chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream
I do occasionally get envious of my guest's courses - but hardly on the desserts. Although I've had the chocolate tasting at JG NYC, twice, this one was probably the most memorable. Well, actually, it was the Vietnamese Coffee Liegeois that did it.
The mousse cake was good, but the Sichuan pepper ice cream on top was the real treat. I missed any taste of the distictly numbing Sichuan pepper. Chef Johnson - what was this made of?
The cacoa sorbet with the cassia, sesame and was also very good, but not as successful, in my mouth, as the spectacularly simple cacoa bean ice cream drizzled with olive oil and sea salt I experienced at JG NYC. To be sure, this had its own merits, but I found the cocao was masked by the fragrant tropical flavors of the custard beneath it.
The Vietnamese coffee Liegeois, however, was a masterpiece. It was spiked with some kind of liquor - vodka? It was a coffee-chocolate-milkshake-lover's dream!! I could have a tall order of this and gone to bed. It was smooth, creamy, cool and terribly dark. I should really talk to Jean Georges about serving this in a wide lickable bowl. *LOL* Don't think I wouldn't do it either!
The Vietnamese Coffee Liegeois debate: so my friend and I were trying to figure out exactly what this nomenclature denoted. The Vietnamese coffee part is obvious - strong coffee thickened and sweetened with condensed milk/sweet cream. The Liegeois, I hedged, made reference to the Belgian city of Liege. While I don't think that the Liegeois (or the people of Liege) drink Vientamese coffee, the do eat (Belgian) chocolate - hence the chocolate portion of the milkshake. Do I get a cookie? Or have I made a terrible fool of my curious over-thinking self?
Image by ulterior epicure
No comments:
Post a Comment